Police are warning the public about the release of a high-risk offender.
Simon William Gares, 34, of no fixed address, was released from prison on June 8 after serving a two-year sentence for threatening death, theft, assault with intent to resist arrest and fail to comply with probation. He will be residing in Toronto.
During the investigation, he made non-specific threats related to the safety of children attending elementary schools.
He is now subject to a probation order requiring him to abide by numerous conditions including, but not limited to:
- Keep the peace and be of good behaviour.
- Do not attend within 500 metres of Bayview Avenue and Moore Avenue
- Do not possess any weapon(s) as defined by the Criminal Code
- Do not buy, possess, or consume alcohol or other intoxicating substances
- Do not possess or consume any unlawful drugs or substances
Anyone with information regarding Simon Gares is asked to contact police at 416-808-5300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at 222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.