The Transformational Task Force (TTF) will host a commercial sector consultation day on Wednesday, October 5.
We want to hear from members of the private sector who may have concepts and ideas to share about the future of the Toronto Police Service. Specifically, we would like to hear what you have to say about our transformational goals and the 24 recommendations through presentations at the consultation day.
The venue for the event has changed to Toronto Police Headquarters, 40 College St., in the second floor auditorium.
The Transformational Task Force (TTF), a partnership between the Toronto Police Service and the TPS Board, was formed in January 2016, tasked with proposing future-looking recommendations of how to modernize the Toronto Police Service. We all recognize that the TPS must keep pace with changing needs and expectations of our city. The mission of the Toronto Police Service is and always will be Community Safety but how we fulfill that mission is changing.
Our Interim Report, The Way Forward: Modernizing Community Safety in Toronto was publicly released on June 17, and within it we outlined our principles and goals of transformation.
Our principles envision a Toronto Police Service that is:
- Actively Accountable and Trusted
- Transparent and Engaged
- Inclusive and Collaborative
- Affordable and Sustainable
Our goals to ensure the Toronto Police Service:
- Be where the public needs the Service the most
- Embrace partnerships to create safe communities
- Focus on the complex needs of a large city
To date we have developed 24 specific recommendations to help us fulfill our transformational goals, but we’re not done yet. Since the release of the Interim Report, we’ve been consulting with communities throughout Toronto to gauge whether we’ve got it right and if communities support our ideas. Now, we want to hear from members of the commercial sectors who may have their own observations and ideas to share about the future of this police service in order to inform our final report in January 2017.
The Rules of Engagement:
- We are inviting submissions from commercial interests that focus upon the principles, goals, and recommendations outlined in our Interim Report
- Specific services or products are not to be marketed, and no promises of future business relationships are being implied. You are asked to present ideas and concepts about how to modernize policing in Toronto
- Interested participants are invited to contact TTF member Cheryl McNeil at Cheryl.McNeil@torontopolice.on.ca before Friday, September 23, 2016. Emails received after that date cannot be considered. In your email please provide a statement about the specific goal and/or recommendation that you would like to present upon, along with your organization’s name and contact details
- Each participant will be provided with ten minutes in which to present concepts and comments to panel members from the TTF. Panel members may ask questions afterwards, but the presentation time is limited to ten minutes
- Participants are requested to provide an electronic or paper copy of their presentation
- The session will take place at Toronto Police Headquarters, 40 College St., in the second floor auditorium
- While the total number of presentation spots may be limited, you can still share your ideas with us electronically. The TTF will gladly receive any written comments or white papers that you would like to provide. Please forward those to Cheryl.McNeil@torontopolice.on.ca
- Presenters will be notified of their scheduled presentation time slots, by no later than Friday, September 30, 2016
Please note: We must be clear that these consultations will not be an opportunity to market specific services or products, and no promises of future business relationships may be implied. All costs incurred by participants in this consultation day must be borne by themselves. No payment will be made by the Transformational Task Force, the Toronto Police Service, or the Toronto Police Services Board. The Toronto Police Service will publish any potential future requests for business services and products to the MERX website.