Homicide investigators have identified the remains of two more bodies and charged Bruce McArthur with an additional count of First-Degree Murder.
Last month, McArthur was charged with another three counts of First-Degree Murder after police recovered the dismembered remains of at least three people from the backyard of a Leaside residence.
At a news conference on January 29, Detective Sergeant Hank Idsinga said police believe MacArthur is responsible for the deaths of 58-year-old Majeed Kayhan, reported missing since October 2012; 50-year-old Soroush Marmudi, reported missing in August 2015; and 47-year-old Dean Lisowick, who was not reported missing.
On February 8, police confirmed that the remains of 49-year-old Andrew Kinsman, reported missing by a neighbour on June 28, 2017, were positively identified through fingerprints.
At a press conference at police headquarters on February 23, Idsinga said McArthur is facing a sixth First-Degree Murder charge in connection with the death ofSkandaraj Navaratnam, whose remains, along with those of Mahmudi, were positively identified through dental records and DNA.
The remains of Kinsman, Mahmudi and Navaratnam were found in large planters at a Leaside residence.
“Skandaraj was the focus of Project Houston in 2013,” Idsinga said. “He was last seen on September 6, 2010, in the area of Church & Wellesley Sts., and he was reported missing 10 days later by a close friend.”
Idsinga said the investigation is continuing and he expects more changes to be laid against McArthur.
He thanked everyone who has come forward and spoken to police so far.
“If anyone has not heard from us, and they have information related to Mr. McArthur, please call us,” said Idsinga.
People wishing to provide information can do so by calling416-808-2021. They can also call anonymously through Crime Stoppers at 416-222-TIPS or 222tips.com.